Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where does the Fairy GodMother go for help?

Seems like a rhetorical question, doesn't it? Where does a FGM go when she needs help? (besides Craigslist for sale ads) - isn't there a book or something out there somewhere that tells you how to grant wishes for those who really want it?

My help is in the form of a group of amazing women. My mom is the worlds greatest (and fastest) napkin folder, is creative beyond words, my sister who has become not only my personal assistant but a great wedding planner!, all four of my amazing daughters who all do whatever they can to help out anytime it's needed and my friend Sharon, who mentors and inspires me with her knowledge, challenges me to grow in ways I didn't think possible and isn't afraid to tell me when I'm being just plain dumb! Then there's Kerry who just keeps telling people about what we're doing and calls me with monster huge donations!

We have hoped that word of our works would get out - it seems to work have happened.
It appears that I have somehow created a bit of a reputation for myself - or the FGM anyway. Just an hour ago I made a phone call to a potential new vendor - she rents Chiavari chairs - the omigosh delicious chair that every bride would LOVE to have at her wedding, but just can't swallow the rental costs. I introduced myself and she said - I kid you not here - I was wondering when we would meet! I know all about you and the amazing things you're doing for young couples! I want to be part of it - we need to meet soon! How cool is that?


And then there are our Angel Brides....more to come on that


:D

No comments:

Post a Comment